Re: Objects and Relations

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredono_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2007 02:52:28 -0800

On 24 feb, 03:40, "David BL" <davi..._at_iinet.net.au> wrote:

> In OO, a thing like an image can be regarded as an Abstract Data Type
> (ADT).
Exactly the same as with the RM!

Please do your homework.

Loosely speaking, relational programming is OO and a lot more.

>RM doesn't have an exclusive stake on the representation or
> management of data.

But it has an exclusive stake on being the best way to manage data.

> You did not realise my point? I'm talking about representing these
> things and processing these things, and not merely stating facts
> *about* these things. My whole point has been that RM is perfect for
> the latter but not so good for the former. If you agree with that
> then please say so.

You are bothering people who really understand what the RM really is with ignorant nonsense.

Regards Received on Mon Feb 26 2007 - 11:52:28 CET

Original text of this message