Re: Designing database tables for performance?

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2007 15:47:45 -0800

On Feb 24, 3:35 pm, Lemming <thiswillbou..._at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:44:35 GMT, Bob Badour
>
> <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >To exactly what sort of logic does it apply? Predicate logic? First
> >order? Second order?
>
> Sweet Jesus. I've read a few more threads now, and it doesn't get
> much better in here, does it?

Actually it does. But the quality of the threads is highly variable. Also it varies over time; it can be great for a week or a month and then terrible for a comparable period.

Consider checking out the thread "Constraints and Functional Dependencies." Warning: contains actual theory.

Also I note that the best way to improve the content of the newsgroup is to embody what you would like to see. A number of people here actually do want to talk about theory (not everyone) but many people find a good flamewar hard to resist. Me not excepted.

  • Ghandi

> [...]
> But before I go, can anyone suggest a froup or site where people talk
> about database theory?

I haven't found a better one. If you do find one and you like it, please report back.

Marshall Received on Sun Feb 25 2007 - 00:47:45 CET

Original text of this message