Re: Objects and Relations

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:51:18 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] Lemming <thiswillbounce_at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:29:18 -0800, Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
>wrote:

>> Why make statements that you have to retract?
>
>I quite often make statements I *might* have to retract in the light
>of new information. I do so knowingly and without worrying about
>whether the statement will turn out to be false. Getting things wrong
>is, IMFO, the best way to learn - it's certainly served me well over
>the years. And since I have no fear of exposing my ignorance - and
>the process of my education - to others, I see no harm in making such
>statements.

     My statement was in the context of the manner of the statements. Example: Why be rude and end up having to apologise when not being rude will almost always work out better in the long run? It is easy enough to be wrong, so why work at it?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.