Re: Objects and Relations

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 30 Jan 2007 18:11:30 -0800

On Jan 31, 12:53 am, "David BL" <davi..._at_iinet.net.au> wrote: >[snip]
> Do you claim or in fact know that RM is good at modelling strings?

I see no reason why an RM representation could not do so. I would not attempt to do so on a project because the current tools are insufficient, but I have learnt to be careful not to confuse theory with current implementations.

> Do you claim that we should assume so until proven otherwise?

I would not assume either way. After curiosity, assumption is the second biggest killer of cats.

> What is your standpoint on this?

FWIW, although the original post is deliberately provocative, I do think the poster is interested in exploring the subject, and not just being controversial. It is often not easy to change mindsets when they have been drilled into us as much as OO programming has. Received on Wed Jan 31 2007 - 03:11:30 CET

Original text of this message