Re: Objects and Relations

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2007 21:13:17 -0800

On Jan 30, 8:25 pm, "David BL" <davi..._at_iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing out that important distinction :)

Oh, my. The conversation has "progressed" quite a bit since I went for dinner. I had an *amazing* lamb Dianne by the way. Yowser. Also, I had this completely out- -nowhere idea about an artistic link between Coleridge's "Xanadu" and Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue." They are both works that I hated when I was younger and that I adore now. Also, they both deviate wildly from any kind of regular structure, and I think that's *why* I hated them when young and love them now.

  A damsel with a dulcimer
  In a vision once I saw
  It was an Abysinnian maid
  And on her dulcimer she played
  Singing of Mount Ebora

Good stuff. Also, I had some wine with dinner; can you tell?

Marshall

PS. Loves me some reds.
PPS. Stupid Google groups.
PPPS. I pity anyone who was introduced to "Rhapsody in Blue"   by United Airlines commercials.
PPPPS. I really meant to put something about database theory in   this post, but I guess it's too late now. PPPPPS. Contrary to all popular opinion, I had *nothing to do* with   the man from Porlock. Received on Wed Jan 31 2007 - 06:13:17 CET

Original text of this message