Re: The term "theory" as in "database theory"

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2007 10:44:15 -0800

On Jan 26, 2:05 pm, "dawn" <dawnwolth..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> The mathematics of a theory could be absolutely beautiful and
> the resulting "database theory" could be awful, right?

See, this is why I say you have a low opinion of theory. What is beautiful about awfulness? What is awful about beauty?

If this "beautiful theory/awful practice" issue is real, then you ought to be able to cite several examples. If you cite SQL, then you're assuming your conclusion.

Marshall Received on Sat Jan 27 2007 - 19:44:15 CET

Original text of this message