Re: Temporal database - no end date

From: DBMS_Plumber <paul_geoffrey_brown_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2007 19:59:17 -0800

David wrote:

> By granularity do you mean unit of time?

I take what DDL say at face value.

They divide time up into "indivisible" (their word - I'm quoting it) "time quanta". They are at great pains (see my quote of what they say) to distinguish between "time quanta" and 'unit".

> On another note I think you are continually pushing the conversation
> into physical concerns when the subject of the thread is very clearly
> to do with the underlying logical model.

At this point, your humble scribe breaks down and weeps copious tears. Received on Tue Jan 23 2007 - 04:59:17 CET

Original text of this message