Re: Temporal database - no end date

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2007 13:32:44 -0800

On Jan 21, 1:22 pm, "DBMS_Plumber" <paul_geoffrey_br..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Marshall wrote:
> > As I've said before, the topic for me is not the Lorentzos book.
> > Haven't read it; have no opinions on it.
>
> Then why are you posting in a thread about temporal data management?

What, are you the usenet police now?

> Why are you posting in a thread where this book is the one recommended
> by the first 2 follow-ups to the OP question?

A thread can only be about one thing?

> Why are you posting in response to people quoting from that book and
> discussing it?

Because bogus claims unrelated to the book are being made, and I want to correct those claims.

> Why are you posting in this thread when the central claim of that book
> - about time quanta - is the subject under discussion?

And why are you just now starting to react to things I posted so long ago? Are you planning on responding to any of the substantive points I have made in various different posts?

As far as I'm concerned, the topic at hand is whether a quantized model of time can work or not. You claim no, about four different people have demonstrated that it can; many examples have been given.

Are you ready to admit that a quantized model of time *can* work?

Marshall Received on Sun Jan 21 2007 - 22:32:44 CET

Original text of this message