Re: Interpretation of Relations

From: Joe Thurbon <usenet_at_thurbon.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 09:15:38 GMT

On 2007-01-21 01:17:28 +1000, "JOG" <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk> said:

[...]

> Thank you for explicating these points bob. I was planning to do so
> when I had some crucial work to complete and needed some excuse to
> avoid doing it, and that hadn't cropped up yet today.

Ha.

> Darwen's paper on null avoidance can be found at:
> http://web.onetel.com/~hughdarwen/TheThirdManifesto/Missing-info-without-nulls.pdf

"Final

> Null in the Coffin" was I think by Pascal, and discussed an
> actual mechanism for a similar approach. However I think given
> debunk.com's retirement this may now be quite difficult to get hold of.

Thanks for the pointers. If you come across another source, I'd be interested in hearing it. Although, I'm guessing that I'll see (have already seen?) the approach in practice if I hang around c.d.t for a while. The topic certainly comes up a lot.

Cheers,
Joe Received on Sun Jan 21 2007 - 10:15:38 CET

Original text of this message