Re: Temporal database - no end date

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 20 Jan 2007 04:02:17 -0800

Given there is physical limit to the smallest point of time we can record, constrained by planck length, I cannot see how the fact that time may be an infinitely divisible continuum has any relevancy to databases.

A chronon governed by this quantum of length is the ultimate point of whatever we as users can ever possibly require, and hence is sufficient to model any temporal proposition we can ever record, nevermind the ones which are actually practical considerations.

Someone convince me the opposite, otherwise I condemn this debate to alt.inapplicable.philosophy. Received on Sat Jan 20 2007 - 13:02:17 CET

Original text of this message