Re: Temporal database - no end date

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:06:35 GMT

Jon Heggland wrote:
> paul c wrote:
>

>>Jon Heggland wrote:

>>>Huh?
>>
>>See what I mean?

> Three out of four times (this being one of them), I don't. But I'll
> assume you were lambasting Celko, not me.

When I see some of my messages the next day, I sometimes think the ratio might be even higher, but at least I admit my errors once I eventually recognize them. I find I can learn nothing if I don't veer near logical quicksand fairly regularly. But I don't think contemplating the absurd is a good hobby for everybody.

For sure I wasn't picking on you, I was merely offering some agreement with your comments and I thought you were just having sport with mine. It's pretty clear to me that rather than some here who like to twist words for what I think must be only aberrant, useless reasons, he does it to advance his own agenda which seems to have nothing to do with advancing theory, rather hopelessly muddying it for self-serving reasons. He is so pathological in this that it can't be just a matter of money. Maybe it boils down to ego. I'll shut up now.

p Received on Fri Jan 19 2007 - 15:06:35 CET

Original text of this message