Re: RA with MV attributes

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2007 20:33:14 -0800

> > (new 'hasn't 'verb)         Note: verb has is already in db
> > (new 'john 'person)
> > (new 'furrarri 'car) (new 'mary 'person) (set mary has furrarri)
> > (new 'bug 'car)    (new 'bob 'person)    (set bob hasn't bug)
>
> Does the query engine know that "hasn't" means "not has"?

Not unless user tells it something like:
(new (set 'not 'has) 'verb)
(new 'means 'verb)
(set hasn't means (. 'not 'has))

But I don't think that is exactly what you meant. You may have to specify most precisely. Based on above, it answers the following queries:

(; Does john have a car?)
(; Gets nothing)
(get john has (get car instance *))

(; Does mary have any car?)
(; Gets mary has furrarri)
(get mary has (get car instance *))

(; Does bob have any car?)
(; Gets nothing)
(get bob has (get car instance *))

(; Get bob hasn't any car?)
(; Gets bob hasn't bug)
(get bob hasn't (get car instance *))

or
(get bob (get * means (. 'not 'has)) (get car instance *))

It is dumber than a door nail, but still defyies logic :) Received on Thu Jan 18 2007 - 05:33:14 CET

Original text of this message