Re: Nulls, integrity, the closed world assumption and events

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2007 16:41:33 -0800

Ok, so the final MV solution for persons with cars with mfgs looks like below and I have stamped it my seal of approval. Thanks for the tutoring :)

Validation Table
cat code description
Car NSN Nissan
Car POR Porsche
Car ASM Aston Martin
Mfg GM General Motors
Mfg HND Honda

Person Table
person car
john

bob          NSN, POR
tom          ASM

CarMfg Table
Car     Mfg

ASM GM, HND Queries to find cars mfgd by Honda:
Add MfgCode and Mfg as virtual fields to the vocabulary of "Cars" LIST Cars WITH MfgCode = "HND"
LIST Cars WITH Mfg = "Honda"

Query to find what has things that are manufactured by something whose name is honda:
Add Mfg in Person vocabulary.
LIST Person WITH Mfg = "Honda"

Query to find people who only have cars from Honda: LIST Person WITH EVERY Mfg = "Honda" Received on Thu Jan 18 2007 - 01:41:33 CET

Original text of this message