Re: How to find Brothers and Sisters?

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 16 Jan 2007 14:37:38 -0800

>> The TTM is therefore only a declaration of his views about which of Codd's publications are to be preferred, with his analysis.<<

It is too bad that Date decided to freeze his mindset on those early, "work-in-process" papers. Dr. Codd was a mathematician -- his first pwork was on cellular automata -- and he could see the problems that needed to be addressed with RM ver 1.0 and then in ver 2.0. Date could not make the jump to even ver 1.0 and got left behind.

If I can find it there is a wonderful quote from Aristotle about settling on distinct classes and two-valued logic as a convention altho the real world does not have such clear distinctions and absolute knowledge. Received on Tue Jan 16 2007 - 23:37:38 CET

Original text of this message