Re: Ideas for World Hierarchy Example

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2007 08:20:36 -0800

> "Three dwarf planets are currently recognised: Ceres, Pluto and Eris. Other
> bodies might be added to the list ..."

OK, you've twisted my arm far enough, I cry uncle.

> ... the common center of mass of the system (the barycenter)
> is located beneath the surface of the Earth."

I guess I am about to be learn something new here, but how does something that is 1/81 the mass of earth, pull the combined center near the surface of the earth? Is it related to moon's orbit velocity and distance from Earth? And is the Earth's path around the sun wobbly like my bicycle wheels? I wonder if the moon helps stir the iron magma, generate a magnetic shield and protect the world from high energy gamma radiation? Does life on Earth depend on the life-less moon nearby? (I may have watch one to many Star Trek episodes)

Thanks for the additional info. Received on Tue Jan 16 2007 - 17:20:36 CET

Original text of this message