Re: Nulls, integrity, the closed world assumption and events

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2007 09:27:59 -0800

Walt wrote:
> "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Marshall wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Sure. And since you are of the opinion that theory can steer us down
> > > the wrong path, and since you regularly deprecate relational theory
> > > but do not provide an alternative *theory*, I wonder at your presence
> > > in a theory newsgroup.
> >
> > If I had another comprehensive theory, I would not have so many
> > questions or opinions that I want to pass by those who can correct me.
>
> No one can correct you.

Many have, Walt, but thanks for the thought. I trust you are not suggesting that just because someone else claims that something is true that I did not previous think to be true, I must then change my opinion. When I have enough information to modify my thinking, I certainly do. I'll admit that sometimes that might take more than it would for someone else of perhaps higher intelligence or aptitude than I.

What about you? Have you learned anything from this forum or did you know everything coming into it? --dawn Received on Mon Jan 15 2007 - 18:27:59 CET

Original text of this message