Re: Nulls, integrity, the closed world assumption and events

From: <michael_at_preece.net>
Date: 15 Jan 2007 06:36:13 -0800

Marshall wrote:

> On Jan 14, 10:32 am, "dawn" <dawnwolth..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > JOG wrote:
> > > However, I am a firm believer that an elegant
> > > theory will lead to good practice.
> >
> > Any elegant theory? That has surely steered us wrong in the past.
>
> That's a clear an anti-theory statement as I expect to see.
> Since you are anti-theory, why are you in a theory newsgroup?
> Doesn't that make you a creationist in an evolutionary biology
> newsgroup?
>

> Marshall

Well - I guess a creationist would postulate that two people had no mortal parents - three if we include the "Son of God" in there with Adam and Eve. Most of the relationalists in here would feel more comfortable and familiar with the concept of parentage being unknown.

Mike. Received on Mon Jan 15 2007 - 15:36:13 CET

Original text of this message