Re: Ideas for World Hierarchy Example

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2007 12:14:58 -0800

On Jan 14, 12:08 pm, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Marshall wrote:
>
> > Sometime I mean to sit down and write up some queries in SQL
> > against a fully modeled schema and against an EAV schema and
> > compare.

> What do you consider the potential for using the EAV approach as a
> physical storage medium from which to deliver relational results at the
> logical level?

Interesting question; wish I had something interesting to reply with.

At first blush, it didn't sound too promising, but on further thought, it
occurs to me that there might be some opportunities for some kind of inverted index-style data structure. Hmmm. May try to write something down.

Marshall Received on Sun Jan 14 2007 - 21:14:58 CET

Original text of this message