Re: Thinking about MINUS

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 21:31:24 GMT

Marshall wrote:
> On Jan 7, 10:54 am, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:
> ..
>
> Exceptional conditions are an inescapable fact of life, alas. Consider
> 1/0.

Heh heh, I thought somebody might bring that one up. About the only times I ever followed the maxim "just don't do it", in my mundane apps I would religiously never divide by zero, rather by some tiny number.

All I'm saying is that the products I've seen had way too many exceptions, usually leading me to conclude that they weren't fully thought-out.

p Received on Sun Jan 07 2007 - 22:31:24 CET

Original text of this message