Re: Curious SQL question

From: Lennart <Erik.Lennart.Jonsson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2007 12:22:18 -0800

Bob Badour wrote:
> Lennart wrote:

[...]
> > Why not go all the way, XOR, OR and AND :-). Hmm, I cant come up with
> > an expression for this without using NOT. Either its not possible, or
> > I'm to stupid. I suspect the latter.
>
> AND and/or OR require NOT to express all the truth tables
> NAND gets by all on its own
> NOR gets by all on its own

Yes, but since XOR involves negations ( a XOR b = (a AND NOT b) OR ... ), I figured it should be possible (which I think Marshall showed). I just couldn't figure out the expression.

The good news is that I will also have a hangover in a number of hours :-)

/Lennart Received on Sat Jan 06 2007 - 21:22:18 CET

Original text of this message