Re: Curious SQL question

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:58:25 GMT

Eyes rolling back in his skull, venomous froth streaming from his mouth, barbecue_at_afn.org still managed to type:

> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>>Could someone clue Joe into the fact that this newsgroup is
>>comp.databases.theory and not comp.databases.syntax.sql ?

> Could someone clue Bob into the fact that this newsgroup is
> comp.databases.theory and not comp.databases.flame?

If we were perfectly accurate, the newsgroup would be:

flame.comp.databases.theory

simply because this is usenet. But for brevity and redundancy avoidance, usenet convention simply omits the "flame."

[snip] Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 23:58:25 CET

Original text of this message