Re: Pascal/Date

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jan 2007 04:13:01 -0800

Bruce C. Baker wrote:
> In re Fabian Pascal: Does anyone have any info on the status of
> http://www.dbdebunk.com/index.html ? It hasn't been updated in a /long/
> time! :-(

To my knowledge, there was no update on the site for a long time and the last time I have purchased a paper was about a year and half ago using Paypal. That was the last time, I exchanged with him. It seems, Fabian Pascal's interest in database technology and theory has decreased over the years (result of understandable discouragement). He considers the roots of the evil that plagues the current state of technology lies in the fall of knowledge and reason in the western cultures and western educational systems.

At the moment, it seems he has chosen a more political pathway as he regularly updates a blog at the following adress. The primary content of the site seems to be a variation on the "West Against Islamism" theme...

http://fallofknowledgeandreason.blogspot.com/

Such blog has nothing to do directly with databases, I hope Fabian Pascal would come back to the technical community some day but knowing the character I seriously doubt it... Received on Wed Jan 03 2007 - 13:13:01 CET

Original text of this message