Re: Merry Christmas!

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Dec 2006 13:22:37 -0800

On Dec 26, 11:41 am, "Tony D" <tonyisyour..._at_netscape.net> wrote:
> Bob Badour wrote:
> > Tony D wrote:
>
> > > Ahem ! Apart from being a few verses short, one of your verses is very
> > > wrong ...
>
> > D'Oh!
> To be fair, you didn't fall prey to the random insertion of "the sake
> of" that seems to afflict many who quote this song/poem.
>
> (For the record, I might be Scottish but I can't *stand* this song !)

Thou art allowed to dislike it, but a nod o' the head towards Robert Burns is required.

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Marshall

PS. Not the least bit Scottish, but the poets must have their due. Received on Tue Dec 26 2006 - 22:22:37 CET

Original text of this message