Re: Concurrency in an RDB

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 16:07:43 -0800

On Dec 14, 3:22 pm, "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have never stated that locks put on objects can not cause deadlocks
> to happen.

So your position is:

  1. There is NO direct relationship between locks and deadlocks.
  2. Locks put on objects can cause deadlocks.

Well. The More You Know.

> A lock is a normal mechanism and is not the real
> cause of the deadlock problem which lies more on the IO/disk swapping
> contention of ressources. A matter of perspective, idiots like
> Marshall will probably not perceive in a lifetime.

Deadlock is caused by disk swapping, you say? You are right; I do not see me being able to perceive this any time soon.

Marshall Received on Fri Dec 15 2006 - 01:07:43 CET

Original text of this message