Re: vehicle to autoparts relationships

From: jlepack <jlepack_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2006 09:19:55 -0800

Throwing in my $0.02 a little later than most, but when I read this message I was thinking along the exact same lines a Jeff.

A part table - tracks the information about the part (name, item # etc.)
Xref table - same as what jeff listed in his last post, that's perfect

but then you could have a field in the parts table called part type. This could be linked to a part_type table that has part_type names and descriptions and anything else about that type of part.

Some examples of part-types are "Engines", "Cars", "Screws", etc, etc, etc.