Re: Database modeling question

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2006 08:09:10 -0800

> I'm trying to model .. "Airplanes" & "Weapons" ... to describe "Configurations" of weapons ...

One solution to modelling highly varied data is generic modelling (ie T_Obj, T_Prop, T_Val); however such solutions tend to be impractical.

DBD, a small experimental database that I have been developing, handles highly varied data including lists, tables, mult-rooted / bi-directional trees, graphs, networks, etc. The example posted at www.dbfordummies.com/example/ex123.asp models 10 computer systems, each quite different than the other. The first system has a Dell computer and 7.1 speaker system that handles a peak of 1000 watts. The computer has a 20 GB IDE hard drive and a 133 Mhz motherboard with dual 2.0 GHz processors. The motherboard also has 3 slots, the first has a 2/10 MBit network card, the second an audio card with 3 sampling rates, and the third is empty. See script for additional configuration details.

If you would like to post (or email me directly) actual data, I can create a dbd database for you to browse/query and compare with RMDB solutions. Received on Thu Nov 09 2006 - 17:09:10 CET

Original text of this message