Re: Basic question?What 's the key if there 's no FD(Functional Dependencies)?

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2006 09:47:20 -0800

NENASHI, Tegiri wrote:
> vldm10 wrote:
> > NENASHI, Tegiri wrote:
> > > vldm10 wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Is it that you are serious ? The relation is a set. You do not
> > > comprehend what the set is ?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Tegi
> >
> > don't think that the comprehension is the same as meaning.
> >
> > Vladimir Odrljin

> You like to play with words and pretend not undertsand the words ? This
> is a game you must play all alone, I am sorry.
>

> --
> Tegi

I think that meaning is pretty complex concept. Let me simplify things and say that meaning has an intension and an extension.
If we speak about a meaning of the relation then (if we can speak about relation's meaning ?) we need extension. Maybe we can associate the predicats,
maybe interpretation of the predicates, truth and false and the real world
to see what is truth there. RM doesn't speak about the real world, the attributes,
the entities etc.
So my point is: let define meaning of the relation first - then I can see preciselly
what paol c want to say, maybe he is in right.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Mon Nov 06 2006 - 18:47:20 CET

Original text of this message