Re: SQL For Smarties 3rd Edition - ATTN Joe Celko

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:10:08 GMT

"paul c" <toledobythesea_at_dbms.yuc> wrote in message news:6aU1h.231127$1T2.121981_at_pd7urf2no...
> Going to school these days on a completely un-related subject and being
> two or almost three times as old as the other students, I have detected
> that 'suck' has a much more vague meaning than it used to do. As much
> as I get a kick out of the kids, I am distressed to know that today the
> word usually signifies a lack of instant gratification.

I apologize to anyone in the newsgroup who still associate that term with its former meaning.

I picked up the habit of using it without gross overtones from my daughter, who is probably about as old as Paul's colleagues. Again, apologies.

Main discussion continues in another post. Received on Wed Nov 01 2006 - 14:10:08 CET

Original text of this message