Re: SQL For Smarties 3rd Edition - ATTN Joe Celko

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 29 Oct 2006 10:26:42 -0800

>> I bought SQL for Smarties -- and felt ripped-off. <<

That is funny. My publisher was expecting the third edition to be about the same size as the second edition. Based on that assumption and a decade of good sales, MKP set the pre-publication price.

Then I delivered a book that was several hundred pages longer. They had to honor the price, but it should have been $10-15 higher in the current market. A bargain for the working programmer and a loss of portential royalty money for me. Damn! Received on Sun Oct 29 2006 - 19:26:42 CET

Original text of this message