Logical Data Model

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2006 15:32:15 -0700

I found this that explains why I was using "Logical Data Model" the way I did in my previous question. I gather from the responses that many, but not all, disagree with this use of the term. So, it can be a starting point -- let me know what should be corrected for a more generally-agreed-upon definition. Thanks. --dawn

>From Fabian Pascal Papers, FP02, December 2003, Updated February 2005
"Un-muddling Modeling" p.13.

"So we have three kinds of models which ought not to be confused. A (1) logical model is the formal representation in the database as seen by users of the (2) conceptual model, the meaning of the database as understood by users; and is the meaning of the database as understood by the DBMS. A (3) data model is the formal translation mechanism of the latter to the former." Received on Fri Oct 27 2006 - 00:32:15 CEST

Original text of this message