Re: Mapping arbitrary number of attributes to DB

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:36:24 +0200

Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
> ... all we really need to be able to do is
> store/retrieve by time/date...searching for
> specific values isn't really a part of the system; getting at a set of
> readings by time/date is. So, we'll see. I'll talk to the stakeholders
> some more and get them to determine exactly how much searching they want
> vs. straight retrieval.

(Try to) Establish /specific/ information needs - not a description, but real examples. Starting from those needs you can work your way back to the (real) facts you will need to capture.

Typifying those facts gives you a good starting structure for your design. Received on Tue Oct 24 2006 - 23:36:24 CEST

Original text of this message