Re: Proposal: 6NF

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Oct 2006 03:36:28 -0700

JOG wrote:
> In a desperate attempt to make any sense of this now vandalized thread,
> I have a question:
>
> In comparing 2 and 2.0 might it be appropriate to say that are subject
> to an equivalency relation, but not an identity relation, and if so
> what are the consequences of this to the previous (non-inflammatory)
> discussion?

The value 2 can be defined as a possible output of 2 separate relations that may draw values from 2 separate domains I(Integers) and R(Reals)....IF relation I produces 2.0 and relation R produces 2, the two relations intersect on value 2.0 for I and 2 for R simply because domain of Integer basically derives from domain of Reals. There is nothing much to add to that. Received on Mon Oct 23 2006 - 12:36:28 CEST

Original text of this message