Re: L

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2006 17:47:37 -0700

paul c wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> > paul c wrote:

> >> What else is new.
> >>
> >> You won`t get anywhere as long as you keep comparing apples to oranges,
> >> eg., imagining that Pick has a data model that is comparable to what
> >> Codd had in mind.
> >
> > That is not what this was about, Paul.

> Yes, it is, see below.
> There are many languages that
> > employ 2VL. SQL is the odd-ball out.
>
> You are still talking languages, not r.d. Theory.

I would think you could abstract from that statement.

> Too bad I can`t quote Codd here.

His approach to NULL is something that many disagree with today, right?  Think how many hours and dollars the implementation of this approach to NULL has cost the industry. Of course one can define NULL this way, but the costs outweigh the benefits in doing so. --dawn