Re: Transforming 1-1-M Ternary Relationships into Logical

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2006 03:51:21 -0700

miklesw_at_gmail.com wrote:
> What do you mean by "A pointer that allows to design cardinalities"?
> I'm not following..
Relationships should not be defined primarily according to the concept of cardinality. Definition of relationships is basically defined by domain implementation and restriction and numerous other relational algebric principles defined by Codd, Date and other knowledgeable audiences.

Another way to put it is that you do not seem to be using the term *relationship* as it is defined by knowledgeable audiences about relational model. But I am curious: which textbook tells you, word for word, that *a ternary relationship, meaning 3 attributes are necessarily implemented as a FK for all relations* ..Could you provide reference?