From: Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demunged_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 23 Sep 2006 08:52:10 +0300

pamelafluente_at_libero.it writes:
> the Median is the value which minimize the sum of absolute differences
>
> ie. sum | xi - c | is minimum for c = MEDIAN()

If I were Bob Silverman, you'd get one heck of a flaming for posting something so obviously somewhere in between unintelligible and meaningless (including both endpoints) to sci.math.

Phil

--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of