Re: Columns without names

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 19 Sep 2006 19:34:55 -0700

While I have your attention perhaps you might also clarify a distinction that I previously had:

I was under the impression that - given that the extension of a predicate is the set of true propositions that can be formed by substituting a term for each of its free variables - a predicate /always/ has an extension. In contrast a set defined such as { m/n : m,n E Z & n!=0 } (rational numbers) is infinite and cannot be enumerated.

Is this distinction incorrect? Received on Wed Sep 20 2006 - 04:34:55 CEST

Original text of this message