Re: On what OLAP can and what OLAP can't

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2006 04:55:45 -0700

<< That is potentially a very useful piece of information! I'd like to be able
 to quote that with proper attribution. Can you point us to the original
 source?>>
Sure...That's also my first thought...

My source of information is an IDC study demanded by Embarcadero (db integration software) that had access to, while on an auditing mission for Embarcadero as a freelance. Give me some time to get you the exact source. Here's what I read (I am however bound to a confidentiality agreement with Embarcadero which prevents me from making the document available to public)... Let me just give some pointers...

> Incorrect data costs up to 20% of revenues of an average company (Thomas C. Redman, Ph.D )
> Data integration represents 70% of average IS budget (IDC)
> Up to 50% of operators is used to get the right data under correct format(IDC)
> Total cost of storage may reach 50% of budget in the next years (Vacca 2002)

Slightly off boundaries of data management