Re: Relation Schemata vs. Relation Variables

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 01:37:26 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> Your emphasis

>> on language precision, which some people might call pedantry, hurts my
>> head, but I suppose it's necessary and I really shouldn't complain if
>> the theorists are to find any common ground with the hackers (or if
>> the hackers are to get their act together).

> I am not even sure what you are saying above. This is a precise field.
> If you do not understand what a tuple is, you will not understand much
> of anything in this field.

"precise field"? that's a laugh, there are plenty who avoid precision and claim the same thing. okay, just in case there's some meat in this thread, which i'm starting to doubt, stupid me, i'll take back the pedantry comment, for now, and substitute mysticism for it. surely the notion of tuple is a mere construct to enable talk about relations.

sorry about the commas, at least i avoided latin.

p Received on Fri Aug 25 2006 - 03:37:26 CEST

Original text of this message