Re: A real world example

From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:03:14 GMT

"Gene Wirchenko" <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE> wrote in message news:5807e2l0c4k52jubbh0rrm5vesm25srvv6_at_4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:21:37 GMT, "Brian Selzer"
> <brian_at_selzer-software.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>If I'm an ignorant, then where do you fall. You can't come up with a
>>decent
>>argument to counter mine. Yours are baseless and inane. Yet you continue
>>with these arguments even when confronted with citations from both Codd
>>and
>>Date. Who, then, is self-aggrandizing? I think you need to take the log
>>out of your own eye.
>
> You are. I will take Bob on a bad day over you at your best any
> day.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Gene Wirchenko

Well, you're welcome to your opinion. I don't think I'm self-aggrandizing. I haven't pretended that I know everything, nor have I tried to say that I'm greater than anybody else. All I've been trying to do is to describe a situation that I've run into many times in the decades that I've been in this business and that I preceive as something that should be prevented verifiably in theory and not left up to implementations or applications. You may think that I'm full of it, and you're welcome to say it. But Badour has been abusive and condescending and at some points, just plain wrong (verifiably so). He continually sticks his nose in just to be contrary, apparently because he doesn't have anything of substance to contribute. I'm usually a very civil person, but I don't take kindly to being called an idiot, an ignorant, a crank, among other things. So again, you're welcome to your opinion, but I'm surprised that anybody would stand behind such a personality.

Sincerely,

Brian Selzer Received on Thu Aug 17 2006 - 01:03:14 CEST

Original text of this message