Is there a book that...

From: jjoensuu <j_joensuu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2006 20:16:21 -0700

Hi all,

I am looking for a book, web page or white paper that discusses issues of a encountered when updating one database from another. Or when trying to reconcile data from a source (or multiple source) with data in a target system.

The issues that I am interested in are of the unexpected abstract type, pertaining to factors such as:
-data in a field having a different meaning (but same value) in certain
cases
-lack of information on why data may have changed (or is missing)

Apologies in advance if my question is too vaguely formulated. I'm in a lack of good examples at the moment.

-JJ