Re: Books

From: erk <eric.kaun_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2006 06:37:03 -0700

Paolo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for some books on database design and theory and was
> looking for some suggestions. I have been dabbling with a database for
> just a couple of months now and have quickly come to realize how
> necessary it is to have some sort of a foundation. So I'm looking for
> some introductory texts.
>
> Thanks,
>
> paolo_at_NOSPAMcornacchia.net

I'd heartily recommend Date's "Database In Depth" as an introduction - I found it an interesting new way of explaining relational theory, good even for those who've read his much larger Introduction.

If you enjoy and/or benefit from that, then definitely read his "Introduction to Database Management."

I also second Bob's recommendation of Fabian Pascal's "Practical Issues" book.