Re: Resiliency To New Data Requirements

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 19:27:27 GMT

"Neo" <neo55592_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154968099.257427.212440_at_i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > My suggestion for most general uses only a single concept: set.
>
> In my search for the most general method of representing things, it
> appears I may have re-invented via trial and error what is essentially
> the basic part of lambda calculus and set theory. What lambda calculus
> calls expression, and what set theory calls set, is what I have been
> calling thing. Thing is the general form of all things.

My sweet lord!

Neo has discovered that everything is a thing! This seems to be the ultimate "theory of everything" (T.O.E.)

BTW, for those of you who have found Neo's writings fairly opaque, let me suggest that it's because he only shows you his interface, and not his underlying implementation.

I expect that, when he finally gets around to showing us his implementation, he'll tell us that the whole thing is implemented in a single line of source code! I forget his syntax, but the one line implementation will look like this:

      {new 'dbd 'database_server}

And system does the rest!

(just kidding, Neo). Received on Mon Aug 07 2006 - 21:27:27 CEST

Original text of this message