Re: Resiliency To New Data Requirements

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2006 17:42:37 -0700

> And we've arrived at an impasse: you're interpreted a design, decided that some attributes are "classifications" rather than "adjectives" ...

Ok, so you are saying that I mis-interpretted sage and jerk in the Tutorial D script (shown below) as being classifications and that they are in fact adjectives of Bob/JayDee and Neo, respectively.

var sage real relation { name char } key { name } ; sage += relation {tuple { name 'Bob' },

                         tuple { name 'JayDee' } };

var jerk real relation { name char } key { name } ; jerk += relation {tuple { name 'Neo' } } ;

> ... and that others are not "nouns" ...

Dbd's implemention didn't represent state as being or not being nouns as neither was explicit in the Tutorial D script shown below:

var state real relation { name char, state char } key { name } ; state += relation {tuple { name 'Bob', state 'on' },

                          tuple { name 'Neo', state 'off' } } ;

> ... and cobbled together a dbd design that represents your reinterpretation of whatever it was being represented.

If you would like, I can redo the dbd's implementation with the correct interpretation although I am still unclear if you wanted state to be classified as a noun or not as a noun or neither. Received on Mon Aug 07 2006 - 02:42:37 CEST

Original text of this message