Re: why hierarchy?

From: Aloha Kakuikanu <aloha.kakuikanu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 18:47:20 -0700

Neo wrote:
> While user knows that 10/12/1993 implies month 11, day 12 and year
> 1993; to allow app to determine this systematically, it should be
> modelled as below:
>
> (new 'date)
> (new 'month)
> (new 'day)
> (new 'year)
>
> (new)
> (create date instance (it))
> (create (it) month (val+ '10))
> (create (it) day (val+ '12))
> (create (it) year (val+ '1993))
>
> Prior expression "(create bob friend tom since 10/12/1993)" becomes:
> (create bob friend tom since (and (select date instance *)
> (select * month 10)
> (select * day 12)
> (select * year 1993)))

Why should I believe you this gibberish actually parses on your system? Hint: make a web application where a user can enter these sentences. A suggestion that somebody would actually download and install your thingy is ridiculous. Received on Tue Aug 01 2006 - 03:47:20 CEST

Original text of this message