Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2006 17:35:46 -0700

> > (new 'john 'person)
> > (new 'frank 'person)
> > (new 'at 'preposition)
> > (new 'work)
> > (create john (create friend at work) frank)
> > (create frank (select friend at work) john)
>
> I am unclear what you have done here not being familiar with your
> syntax. Could you draw the resulting structure in ascii for me to
> clarify the results of these instructions.

The simplified, partial structure of the main, top-level things would be:

[john] ----- [friendAtWork] ---> [frank]

         <--- [friendAtWork] -----

[Quoted] In the 2nd and 3rd lines, the "verb" refers to the first sentence. The 2nd and 3rd lines could be "verbs" of some other sentences. This is further demonstrated in www.dbfordummies.com/Example/Ex132.asp which models complex sentences.

Are you familiar with "Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid" by D. Hofstadter? Received on Tue Aug 01 2006 - 02:35:46 CEST

Original text of this message