Re: I think that relational DBs are dead. See link to my article inside

From: Dmitry Shuklin <shuklin_at_bk.ru>
Date: 19 Jul 2006 11:04:02 -0700

Hi David,

> A network can always be represented
> relationally by materializing some arbitrary pointers as attributes.

Table can always be represented networkally by materializing row values as nodes linked to parent row node. And rows linked to parent table. (In abstract model, and implemented very likely to current RDBMS with the same performance)

Also in network model it easy to have row that linked to many tables in one time, or value that linked to many rows in one time.

Also it is very interesting, that relation is not a table in NDB, relation is a row. Row is subset of Cartesian product from all avaliable values to all available attributes.

In RDB it is corresponds to Cartesian product from all abaliable columns to all available domain values.

WBR,
Dmitry Received on Wed Jul 19 2006 - 20:04:02 CEST

Original text of this message