Re: What databases have taught me

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 02:18:07 -0700

Robert Martin wrote:
> On 2006-07-12 14:39:38 -0500, AndrewMcDonagh <newsamd_at_amc.com> said:
>
> > And those that Bob doesn't agree with - he filters.
>
> First he maligns. Then he filters. It's really quite sad.
Yes it is but WHO CARES!!!! BB's Barking Dogs have been identified and exposed in the FEW (Fraud Exposal Wall).

Marshall wrote:
> Bob Badour wrote:
> >
> > I have been aware of topmind for many years. While I don't always agree
> > with him, he exhibits none of the psychosis common among cranks.
>
> Seconded.
I would say *Infatuated* instead of *Seconded*. A perfect example of a lieutenant following a master.

If I read the posts that BB's Barking Dogs make at least half of their content are meant at qualifying people as *crank* or *troll* or *idiot*. The other half is about rediscussing existing issues about RM that do not always require rediscussion. They also exhibit a contemptuous self congratulating attitude towards people who are not sufficiently educated on mathematics and data management RM issues. The best response to them is to expose their attitude through the FEW by quoting their nonsense, ignorance or anythingg revealing the character.

> > I am not sure what you mean by 'brass-bullet'. But if you mean something
> > very effective that lacks the magical properties necessary for solving
> > all problems without any effort, then I agree.
>
> Actually I think the "brass bullet" term is both apt and clever.
If Marshall spent less time qualifying what other may say using defensive and protective sterile thinking and spent more time on thinking about RM issues, that would be beneficial to the whole NG. This kind of attitude makes people perceive you as nothing else but a fanatic. Marshall is hurting the chances that RM may get understood and implemented someday by the developper community. In such perspective, snake oil salesmen have won.