Re: A good book

From: Chris Smith <cdsmith_at_twu.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:50:09 -0600

paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote:
> a) if 'elegant' means minimal (what I like to think even though I've
> known people who thought it meant terse or symmetrical or somehow
> pretty) a lot of bright philosphers over a lot of years managed to get
> the common understanding of fopl notation and operators down to a pretty
> small/minimal set (nand/nor, exists, forall). that seems promising for
> minimal code.

Since we're discussing Dijkstra, of course, elegant means "ingeniously simple and effective". :)

In any case, I'm not trying to start a newsgroup debate, although I'd read one if it started. I'm just looking for background material.

--
Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer / Technical Trainer
MindIQ Corporation