Re: I think that relational DBs are dead. See link to my article inside

From: Dmitry Shuklin <shuklin_at_bk.ru>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 23:27:04 -0700

Hi Bill,

> Dmitry Shuklin wrote:
> >> What exactly is the purpose of your revolutionnary technology?
> >
> > Primary purpose - modeling neural system with up to 2000000000 neurons.
> > 1 neuron == 1 object instance.
>
> Sounds very nice, but it is not a sufficient reason to call for the
> death of relational databases.

Of course it is absolutely no reason to call for RDB death just because i have my DB implemented. ))) As you can see earlier i had referenced this my experiment to show why i think that network object oriented databases can do all that RDB can. And what NOODB can do what RDB can't. It is just an example of non-relational features. Of course i can't kill Oracle or Microsoft by my experimental application ))) But i really belive that far future belongs to network databases, not to table-based.

WBR,
Dmitry Received on Tue Jul 04 2006 - 08:27:04 CEST

Original text of this message