Re: Unpredictable programming

From: Bruno Desthuilliers <onurb_at_xiludom.gro>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:05:24 +0200

Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:05:18 +0200, Bruno Desthuilliers
> <onurb_at_xiludom.gro> wrote:
>

>>Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> [snip]
>

>>>     No, his flaming is useful.  cdt no longer has a long-time crank.

> For "a", read "a particular".

Was it supposed to be obvious for non-cdt'ers ?

>>I really don't think the way he behaved in recent cross-posted threads
>>helped getting the message to comp.object (and that's an understatement).

> It does not work in the short term, but it does in the long term.
> It took a while, but the crank I am referring to finally quit. I am
> tired of seeing good newsgroups trashed by twits. I thank Bob for
> speaking out effectively.

I see a premature generalization here. The fact that a strategy has proven to be effective for a given case doesn't imply that this strategy is the solution to all problems... Ever tried applying the "nail hammering" strategy to the "slicing bread" problem ?-)

--
bruno desthuilliers
python -c "print '_at_'.join(['.'.join([w[::-1] for w in p.split('.')]) for